Ladle treatment method for cast iron – Cored wire treatment method
During the 1980s the steel plants’ production needed the integration of elements such as additives and inoculants to improve the metal treatment process.
After a little while iron foundries themselves, producing nodular iron castings, identified the same necessity for ladle treatment of cast iron.
The state of the art regarding the ladle treatment methods though has developed over the years from the Sandwich ladle treatment method to the Tundish ladle treatment method and finally to the Cored wire treatment method.
CORED WIRE METHOD
In the last few years the Cored wire treatment method has represented the latest innovation in terms of cast iron treatment processes. Such system distinguishes itself from previous methods because:
- It guarantees bath homogeneity. Thanks to the feeding of a cored wire – containing the exact chemical composition – directly inside the ladle, the magnesium reaction happens repeatedly at the bottom of the ladle once ladle has been filled with liquid cast iron.
- It ensures control on the alloy quantity inserted in the bath, keeping constant the amount of cored wire injected in the ladle.
- It allows to monitor each treatment cycle thanks to an integrated automation – time and injection speed of the cored wire controlled by a dedicated software, storage of preconfigured settings of cored wire specifics and treatment specifics for treatments’ repeatability, storage of all treatment cycles for production traceability
- It ensures the minimum impact of the fumes generated during treatment time thanks to a dedicated hood aspiration.
- It allows the use over a long period of time of the same treatment ladle as it guarantees again high reproducibility of the treatment processes.
Up to today the Cored wire treatment method represents the most advanced, inexpensive and ecological system used for nodular cast iron production, compacted graphite iron production as well as the most complete system used for SPHEROIDIZATION, INOCULATION, PEARLITIZATION treatments.
PLANNING AND REALIZATION OF LADLES
In view of demanding clientele in this sector, DUEDI has realized a building system of ladles totally removable.
The main advantages of this newest type of ladle are multiple, especially in the maintenance and the security sectors.
In particular in the maintenance area:
- All parts of ladle are totally removable
- Shorter maintenance time is needed because all parts are bolted
- Many parts can be re-used
- The total maintenance can be realized by all customers autonomously
- The driving trunnion and the idler trunnion can be removed from the body of ladle
- Simple maintenance for all customers
And in the security area:
- Worm-screw and gear wheel are always fixed
- Highest safety is guaranteed for all users during the various operating phases
- Highest productivity, flexibility, reliable and accurate pouring mode are guaranteed by wireless radio control
- In case of power failures of the gearmotor, it's easily possible to switch from automatic to manual mode (steerling wheel) in maximum 10 seconds
Every ladle's sizes are always adaptable to the factory customer layout and for every ladle we can supply the all certifications (mechanical certification, capacity certification, welding certification and CE certification).
HYDRAULIC FOUNDRY WEDGE
Fassmet has designed a robust and reliable breaker machine that is also very easy to handle. Used to break feeders and ingate systems DUEDI’s SFW hydraulic breaker consists of a wedge which is moved by a hydraulic power pack.
The main advantages of this product are:
- ERGONOMIC and USER-FRIENDLY: it rotates in every direction without any strain on the operator due to position of center of gravity;
- QUICK and EASY TO USE: this specific wedge is durable and can be replaced very quickly. No tools are needed;
- POWER: it can remove almost any feeder or ingate system and provides high productivity (high number of spreading cycles per minute). Attributes such as a full protection cover and the fact that the tools supports two-handed operation, greatly limit the chances of accidents happening. Another feature is that the tool provides clean predictable cuts, guaranteeing that feeders and risers break off in a controlled manner;
- SAFETY: it attributes such as a full protection cover and the fact that the tools supports two-handed operation, greatly limit the chances of accidents happening. Another feature is that the tool provides clean predictable cuts, guaranteeing that feeders and risers break off in a controlled manner;
- QUALITY AND RELIABILITY: made of high quality materials (DUEDI’s product) and is designed for durability and long operational and working life;
- FLEXIBILITY: it can be used in different kinds of processes. Thanks to the shape of the front protections the slides can be used for all their length, greatly increasing the work area;
- MANAGEABILITY: this machine is designed for heavy duty and the joystick gives perfect control of its movements. The design of the handle has a symmetric design and allows left-handed operators easily work with ease;
- DURABILITY: our machine is designed to last and are more durable compared to traditional breakers;
- SAFETY: equipped with a full protection cover which minimizes risk for operators.